Saturday, May 24, 2014

Back in Minnesota

May 24, 2014

After the long trip back with a few delays to raise one's concerns about what's so great about United Airlines merger with Continental and seeing my family all smiling and healthy, I am trying to be what I was before Liberia. It is what those around me expect. It is the Nick with whom they are familiar.

Adventures come with their costs. Mine is leaving a part of me in Liberia, not experienced by my family, and returning to Minnesota, not experienced by my Liberian friends. I am bisected with emotions from both sides, a sadness for those left, yet a joy of seeing family anew. This is the price I know I would have to pay, but that doesn't make it any easier. As to the cost for others, the ones who patiently waited for my return and those who I had to leave, I hope they realize the innocence of my actions combined with the knowledge they too share the cost.  
Now it is time to continue what I started in Liberia and get back in step with what I left in Minnesota. This is the new adventure which awaits.


No comments:

Post a Comment