Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Fugitive

February 16, 2014
The Dangerous Dr. Nick
If you see this man, report him immediately to the U.S. Peace Corps for violation of yet unknown charges.
The Peace Corps is extremely nervous with having me on campus and is putting all kinds of pressure to get me off. The campus is deserted for not only the weekend but the fact that school is still on break.

Just why they need to take such action is as much a puzzle to me as my termination without any kind of warning or meeting. The simplest reason is just plain politics. The Peace Corps is at the bidding of its host country and organizations that sponsor Peace Corps Volunteers. Volunteers are expendable. Peace Corps staffers' jobs are on the line. I am not the first to experience this duopoly between stated ideals and reality. me.

So now I sit packed in my current Cuttington University apartment, curtains drawn. I am on the lam as I wait for my new housing as we try to locate the caretaker of my new residence of which I have yet to see. Whatever it may be like, it is good to get out of this place.

1 comment:

  1. What a messed up situation. I'm proud of you for standing by your principles. This is Cuttington's loss. Too bad integrity is in such short supply in the university's administration.

    ReplyDelete