Monday, January 20, 2014

Condom King

January 20, 2014

Its kind of a long story, but the short version is I went to the Liberian AIDS Center for some condoms to distribute at the university. After a story which almost made me cry and writing a letter to the Director two doors down the hall, they said I could have 500. I said that 500 was not enough. They said their supply was low and I could call back later when the next shipment arrives.

I went to the warehouse for my allotment. The warehouse was filled with cartons of condoms. The warehouse person gave me five cartons, probably only hearing the number 5 from the office.

I am now the possessor of 15,000 condoms, supplied by George Bush's magnanimity and USAID, "From the American People". A logistics problem is looming.
"From the American People" 9,000 of the 15,000 condoms




No comments:

Post a Comment