Monday, November 4, 2013

Frustration Antidote

11-4-2013

The pressure of cultural differences can drive a person into a state of perpetual paranoia. My best defense comes from the musical, “My Fair Lady”. It is when the linguist, Professor Higgins, is trying to resolve his frustrations in trying to teach the Cockney waif, Lisa Doolittle, how to speak proper English.
He breaks out in song.

“Why can’t a woman be more like a man?
Why can’t a woman be like me?”

As I prepare my genetics midterm exam, one of the principles of biology is that life is both unified and diverse. So I am taking the pill of my own lecture and realize that we are all unified in our own perfection; the contradiction arises that our own perfections are different.

Ghez..

Why can’t they be like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment