Sunday, October 20, 2013

An Activity

 10-20-2013
Be happy in your work
One thing you learn in the Peace Corps is the importance of activities. Without activities to fill your time, living in an alien land with nothing or anyone familiar to occupy your time and mind of the familiar, you soon could go crazy. So you play a game with yourself and call it “Activities”.

Soon any little thing becomes an engrossing activity. The activities can vary from sweeping up lizard poop, to plunge the bath tub, to washing, to sweating, or staring out into empty space.


My favorite is to mop the floor with a tincture of Clorox. The pungent smell makes the floor seem clean and germ-free.  Dressing up makes the occasion that much more special. 

Almost everyday someone is at my door asking to earn money by doing some household chore. I guess it would be a good thing to do, but then what would I do?

1 comment:

  1. The Iowan in me loves this picture!

    ReplyDelete