Monday, August 19, 2013

Departure Date?

Handling ambiguity and having patience are two helpful traits for the Peace Corps life.

I am frequently asked seemingly simple questions like: When are you leaving? What are you going to do in Liberia? My answer: "I don't know". Not very comforting to those near and dear to me.

My unknown (to me) departure date is open pending delay in FBI clearances of my fingerprints. The Liberians are being asked by Peace Corps if they would let me into the country without the clearance. I assume any waivers would be conditional based on my good behavior and their whims.

As to what I am going to do once I get there is another open question. In the meantime, I shall bask in the title of  Dr. Nicholas Shuraleff II, Professor of Biology.

No comments:

Post a Comment